Tag Archives: nfl football
- Is Cowboys’ Bruce Carter the next Derrick Brooks?
Bruce Carter is one of the NFL’s fastest linebackers. But can he fill the critical Derrick Brooks-style role in Dallas Cowboys coordinator Monte Kiffin’s Tampa 2 defense?
- Dallas Cowboys O-lineman Tyron Smith’s family ordeal
Dallas Cowboys offensive tackle Tyron Smith was forced to take legal action against his siblings, mother and stepfather after being harassed for money. Smith recently told his harrowing story.
- Doug Free takes pay cut to stay with Dallas Cowboys
Doug Free’s future with the Dallas Cowboys was uncertain after struggling last season. The Pro Bowl offensive tackle, however, has agreed to a big pay cut to stay with the team.
- Anthony Hargrove joining Dallas Cowboys in NFL return
Anthony Hargrove’s roller-coaster NFL career is not over yet. NFL.com’s Ian Rapoport reports that Hargrove has signed a contract with the Dallas Cowboys.
- Dallas Cowboys reportedly to leave Valley Ranch home
After 28 years, the Dallas Cowboys reportedly are planning to move from their Valley Ranch, Texas, practice facility. A couple of cities appear to be vying for the Cowboys’ attention.
- Jason Garrett downplays Tony Romo’s role changing
While Jerry Jones seems to think Tony Romo will have a bigger role in the Dallas Cowboys’ game plan, coach Jason Garrett downplayed anything significant changing for the quarterback.
- Cowboys’ Sean Lee: I’d rather get hurt than ‘go soft’
Sean Lee has had trouble staying off the injury report. The Dallas Cowboys linebacker says playing the right way is more important to him than staying healthy.
- Jerry Jones: Roger Staubach-like role for Tony Romo
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones believes in Tony Romo. Not just as a quarterback, but as a player who can help build an effective game plan, the same way Roger Staubach once did.
- RG3 helps Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrance Williams
Despite an intense divisional rivalry, Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III didn’t shy away from helping Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrance Williams ease into the NFL.
- Jason Garrett: Cowboys not set on play-calling duties
Jason Garrett probably wants to continue calling plays for the Dallas Cowboys’ offense. There’s a good chance that’s Bill Callahan’s role now, but Garrett says no decision has been made.
- Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones undergoes eye surgery
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has undergone surgery to repair the retina in his left eye.